Sunday, September 09, 2007

Egypt 2007 - B. and M. from Jeddah, KSA

Yes, i decided to dedicate an entire post to these two guys from Jedda, South Arabia.

They were staying at our same hotel and the first day while i was reading my book (Mille splendidi soli....beautiful book about Afghanistan) on the beach they showed up and sat next to us.

At first i did not pay much attention at them bacasue i was all into my reading but then after swimming i started talking to them...

B. is more lively but also M. is a good talker once he gets more confortable.
We made plans to meet up at night for a drink and a chat.

So we all went out, my friend, i and them.

First we walked to Nama Bay which was actually very closed to the hotel and we chose a nice arabic bar where we could sit on the floor on pillows and where everybody was smoking Hashisha (i hope i spelled it right...).
We assisted to a ballydance show....i really like arabic music actually. It reminded me a lot about Kan Zaman where i used to work when i lived in SF.

We had a good talk and a nice time. We switched ideas and information about our culture and their culture.

I never met anybody from South Arabia.
These guys were such getlemen, kind people and very educated.

They basically adopted me for two days and i really felt good with them.

YOU GUYS ROCK.
I WISH U THE BEST AND I HOPE OUR PATHS WILL CROSS AGAIN ONE DAY.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home